I really have been slackin on posting my journal pages…actually I have really been slacking on putting things in my journal…Actually if you want the real truth…ok…On Tuesday when I taught my drawing class…I opened up my journal and felt as if I was reunited with an old friend. It had been a week since I had last opened it. This drawing is from Tuesday night. I set up still lifes for working on values and shading. This is a close up of one of the still lifes I set up.

Since the last time I posted…not counting my apology post…

I have my own computer now. Sam bought a G5 and I get the G4…since we had 2 17 inch flat panel monitors on the G4 when it was Sam’s computer, we each have one now. It’s very nice that we can both be working on our own computers in the evening. I have mine hooked up with the scanner and Sam bought me a dock for my ipod shuffle. It’s very cool.

I have been deathly ill for the last 24 hours…ok deathly is an exaggeration…but seriously, whatever this is has really wiped me out! On monday and Tuesday I was so tired and exhausted. I felt like I had no energy. A friend of mine mentioned maybe I was coming down with something…I didn’t know…but Wednesday night about 12:00 it hit me. I was up every hour puking my guts out (sorry) and decided by the second time that there was no way I was going to work. Taking a chance, because I know I am almost out of sick days, I called in at 5:45. Hopefully I still have one day to use, otherwise I will have to pay like 400.00 for staying home! It was worth it I think…I slept all morning. Got up and hung out with the kids & Jas until around 3:00 when I had to go out to both schools and pick up cookies that had been donated for the art show open house.

The Art Show (for my students) was this week. I spent last week under pressure to get everything done and set up by the weekend. It looked pretty nice. I love to see all the kids art displayed like that. They really worked hard. I will have to post some pictures. I plan to take some tomorrow when I go take it down. We had maybe 60 people come the open house tonight. I think it was a bad time with sports, and I guess there was a concert at the middle school at the same time. But it was fun.

So this weekend, we are going to go to the U2 concert in Chicago. We are going away with out our kids…for mother’s day. Weird huh? Jasmin is really looking forward to having them for the weekend. She plans to take them all to church on Sunday and show them off. It should be fun hanging out with our friends and not having to be concerned with taking care of our kids. Not that I don’t enjoy that, but sometimes it’s just nice to get away.

So I am looking at my to do list. I checked off 5 things today. But there are still so many things to take care of. I will get caught up. I will. I will.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *