Recently I buddied up with an art friend through my Everyday Matters Yahoo! Group. We will be keeping each other accountable to reach the art goals we have set for this year. Here are mine (in no particular order)…
1. Keep my Journal with me all the time and be on the look out for opportunities to draw and record my life…no matter how small the time frame may be. Time is precious these days, you know.
2. Keep up with the weekly EDM challenges. I have done many of these in the past, but it has been some time now since I have attempted one…just due to pure laziness, I guess. If you aren’t familiar with the challenges, each week one of our members posts a new challenge…something to draw (& write about). Many of us post the links to our drawings on the list for others to see. It’s fun to see the different interpretations of the same subject from people all over the world.
3. Experiment with a new media. First on my agenda – I will be trying this next week – is foam sculpture.
4. Be more creative in my photography. I’d like to do photo shoots more often. With a new baby, I have a good reason to do them.
5. Redesign my blog/website to reflect who I am and what I do. I have to rely on Sam’s help with this, though…so we will see.
6. Meet with my art friends and make art on a regular basis (at least monthly!)
7. Choose a month and do a drawing every day. (maybe May – that’s when my goal buddy is doing it)
8. Create some cool business cards.
9. Take some trips to art museums (Ella Sharp, Detroit…or Chicago :)…I wish)to draw.
10. Do a sketchcrawl.