I finished up work last week. Spent a couple of nights at school till 1AM trying to get my room cleaned up. I finished up on Friday afternoon, but I have to take in some paperwork & stuff tomorrow morning.
This weekend was a whirlwind of cleaning and entertaining…Max’s birthday party. It was fun. It took a lot to clean up the house. It was so trashed – because I have basically done very little to maintain it the last 3 weeks. Next year I will think about hiring someone to help me clean those last 3 weeks…I just need a little help with that since my attention has to be so focused on work.
Today, I felt like I had a chance to relax and breathe. This afternoon I took a short nap. I cleaned up stuff around the house, did some laundry…spent time with the kids. I had them write in their journals, Max and Karson practiced their sight words and we all played a rhyming game that had to be ended because the boys were trying to rhyme male anatomy and bodily functions. What is up with boys this age? I seriously think that is all they think about!
Savannah, Max and Karson are going to Kids Kamp this week at Trinity Wesleyan Church. Jasmin is going to the babysitter’s. I am looking forward to having some time to myself. Though, I do have to spend a couple hours at the dentist tomorrow…and I am not looking forward to that AT ALL.
I have a lot I want to do this summer.
- work on stuff for school next year…both art and kindergarten (I’m doing the same thing, in case you didn’t know.)
- get the Pirate show ready which includes repainting, painting and decorating the inside, and getting the costumes ready to go.
- paint…um…this is low on my priorities…but I would like to paint the living room, the front entry way and the back mud room…and maybe do some touch-ups in other rooms, and then there are the window frames outside that need to be scraped and repainted.
- have a garage sale…this really needs to happen.
- work on reading and math with the kids.
- lose weight, eat healthier & get a tan.
- keep my lawn looking as good as it does right now (thanks to Mark, the lawn guy).
- Journal and draw daily – which will be tough, since I am totally not in the habit of doing this.
It’s good to have goals, right?
2 Responses to School’s Out…It’s officially summer.