The Last 2 Weeks

Wow! It’s been a crazy couple of weeks! School got out on Tuesday – the 10th. It was a great day! Wednesday we had professional development and had a blast on the last day with Mr. Bosio, our principal who is retiring. Thursday, I went to school with Savannah and Max because they had field day. We had a great time. Friday I spent the day cleaning my rooms and moving stuff to the other building (where I will be teaching at next year). Savannah came along to help and also, Heather, my SAU student who has been helping me out so much this semester. She was awesome! I will miss her. We got everything done by 3:30! Which is amazing…for all that had to be done. Saturday we drove up to Sundance and bought our new truck and then hurried back for Max’s birthday party/father’s day celebration with Sam’s dad. We ended up waiting in the Sundance lounge for about an hour! The kids were complaining – and I don’t blame them…the air conditioning was broken and there was nothing interesting in the lounge except a popcorn maker that popped us some free popcorn. I finally asked the secretary for some paper and pen so the kids could draw…but I ended up drawing this picture of baby Jasmin sitting on the floor with the pink hi-lighter she gave us. It was a busy day, but fun. Sunday went by way to fast! Then all week last week I had to go through MLPP training. It was pretty good and even though it took a lot of time…I am glad I had the opportunity to get that training before fall. Then this weekend, Max had a birthday party with his friends at Fun For All Kids. It was the easiest birthday party ever. Four of his little friends from his class came…the adults just sat and talked while the boys ran around and played. We had cake and Max opened presents and passed out the loot bags and then it was time for everyone to leave. It was great. Savannah spent the afternoon with her best friend, and it was just a fun day. Today was the first day for me to paint the show. We had some friends offer to let me paint it in their pole barn. It’s really nice. Good lighting, too, which is important for painting a mural. The trailer is 23 feet and there is another 4 foot piece that is going to be attached to the top. I will paint it separate and then we will attach it when it’s done. If you look at our Flickr pictures you can see the progress I made on it today. I only was there about 5 hours…and part of that time was spent washing the trailer and then taping it off. I was a little discouraged when Sam came over around 6:00…but I am feeling better about it tonight. I will not be able to paint again till Thursday, probably. Tomorrow I have to go to Hillsdale for a class and then Wednesday we take the kids to mom and dad’s for the rest of the week. They are super excited about going. We are keeping baby Jasmin with us. Jasmin will watch her during the day and then Sam at night when needed if I am painting late. We’ll see. Check back toward the end of the week. I will take my camera next time so I can get some better pics. Sorry for the crappy camera-phone picture.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *